The International House of Japan
In view of the importance of the protection of personal data in today's highly developed information society, the International House of Japan (IHJ) will protect the personal data of members and guests based upon the following policy.
- IHJ will abide by the Japanese Personal Data Protection Law and other relevant laws and regulations and will continuously strive to improve its protection regime.
- IHJ will not utilize personal data beyond the intended purpose of use without permission, except for legal duties.
- IHJ will collect personal data in a lawful and legitimate way.
- IHJ will indicate to members and guests through our corporate communication media the intended use of their personal data in advance when collecting it.
- IHJ will not disclose or provide personal data to third parties without the consent of the members and guests, except for legal duties.
- IHJ will strive to keep the personal data of members and guests accurate and updated within the scope of prescribed use informed to members and guests.
- IHJ will disclose personal data in accordance with legal procedures upon inquiry from that member or guest and correct it as indicated.
- IHJ will strive to prevent unauthorized access to personal data or its loss, alteration, and destruction, and will implement security measures against computer viruses. When IHJ consigns the handling of personal data to a third party, IHJ will ensure the strict protection of the data in order not to leak or lose it.
- Having established the personal data protection rules and regulations, IHJ will ensure that corporate officers and employees recognize the importance of the protection of personal data through in-house education programs.
- IHJ will appoint a corporate officer to be responsible for personal data protection and will handle the data carefully.
IHJ will respond to inquiries concerning personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Law, other relevant laws, and the House rules and regulations at the administrative office.
Use of personal information
The International House of Japan will use personal information for the following purposes.
- Applications for membership.
- Ordinary record-keeping for members.
- Ordinary record-keeping for guests and visitors.
- In the use by members, guests and visitors, of the House facilities, or of services for information materials.
- Provision of information or application for House programs and events.
- Use of statistical data from questionnaires or in marketing, business improvement, and service development, etc.
- Ordering and provision of goods and services.
- Communications and delivery service.
- Identification of and response to the needs of House members.
- Confirmation of personal identification and qualifications as required for business operations.
- Exercise of rights and the fulfillment of obligations based on law.
- In dealings with third parties at the minimum necessary for House operations.
- Use for the smooth implementation of transactions, contracts, exercise of rights, problem-solving and communications with members, guests and visitors.
- Other legitimate business operations of the House as a nonprofit organization.